December 4, 2011

Club Graffiti in The Village

Click here to visit Club Graffiti

When I think of the many, many venues I have performed over the past 5 years in Second Life, there are really only a few that stand out. Some for the event itself, others for the fact that good friends may have owned them and maybe a couple of others that are/were just incredibly supportive of my music and of live music in Second Life as a whole and a few others that are/were really solidly designed and well thought out.


Club Graffiti is among these that stand out. First off, I own the place along with Brandy... so yes it does have a special place in my heart. It actually came about when Brandy and I were thinking of opening a place together. We were speaking about my Real Life professional touring years and I touched on a few places I had played early on in Greenwich Village, NYC. There was the Back Fence, Kenny's Castaways among others. But the highlight for me was performing one particular place, just those few times, sharing the same stage as so many greats before me like Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, The Talking Heads, Blondie, The Ramones and on and on. I'm speaking of the legendary CBGB's.


I was fortunate enough to have played there, but only once. But man I tell you, you can SMELL the vibe in this place! The walls were splattered with old stickers and posters from the 70's through the late 90's hen I played there. The stage was beat up. Old mic stands were strewn about and the graffiti was rampant. I LOVED IT!!!


free, free, music, marketing, blog, free, free, free, music, pr, seo,blog,free,free,free,free,free, live music, make money, money, free money, gift, gifts, seth regan, mankind tracer, secondlife, second life, sl, facebook, twitter, social, alexa rank



So Brandy and I kept talking and we agreed, why not model a club, like CBGB's, only throw it back to the late 70's... create that vibe all over again... in Second Life. And that's just what we did.


Click here to visit Club Graffiti
Planted in "The Village", our 1/4 sim build, Club Graffiti is indeed modeled after CBGB's of the 1970's, complete with all the trimmings. One look inside and, as I'm repeatedly told (and agree with this), there is this standout "vibe" that I personally have not experienced in SL. We wanted this place to be different, welcoming sure, but definitely different than what Second Life residents were used to. If you have ever visited New York and checked out the "dive bars", Club Graffiti would definitely qualify!


Personally, I love being able to play my live music and hold our other events at Club Graffiti. When I place my avi's camera angle just barely above and behind my head, I can honestly say, it feels more like a real gig than anywhere else I've played in over 5 years in SL. While Brandy and I do own the place, what I'm saying still holds true.


Click here for your free Tshirt byGizza

Club Graffiti offers realism and many of the artists who have generously performed at our stage and with whom I've spoken personally have all agreed. It's just a very cool place. Cudos to Emile for such an amazing build and also to Brandy for working with me decorating, trimming it out, as we placed those subtle nuances that make it more realistic. I personally love the beat up taxi cab outside Gizza in the alley to the left of the club and then there's the sewer vents shooting out steam.


We put our hearts into this venue and when I perform, I can feel it. So if you're not busy, Most Sunday nights at 9PM SLT, I play a live gig there. Come on out.


You'll be among friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment

CNN.com - U.S.

RollingStone.com: All News